Pictured: 2018 Leading Ladies winners
The Claremore Area Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the 2019 recipients of the Leading Ladies Awards. The 5th Annual Leading Ladies Awards will be presented at the Leading Ladies Gala on Wednesday, October 2 at the Claremore Conference Center.
The Leading Ladies Awards honor seven women in the community who go above and beyond the call of duty and are nominated by their peers in the community. All nominations received are sent out-of-town for judging. “We are thrilled to have so many qualified and outstanding women nominees and look forward to recognizing the following 2019 award winners at the Leading Ladies Gala on Wednesday, October 2,” stated Barby Myers, President and CEO of the Claremore Area Chamber.
The 2019 Leading Ladies Award winners and presenting sponsors are:
- Behind the Scenes Award, presented by Baker Hughes, honors Sara Braun, Rogers State University
- Business Leadership Award, presented by Wallace for Life, honors Jeanine Coleman, PELCO Structural
- Community Supporter Award, presented by CIEDA, honors Sara Moss, RCB Bank
- Leader in Health Award, presented by the Board and Staff of Safenet Services, honors Lynn Waugh, 6:19 Nutrition
- Nonprofit Leadership Award, presented by Red Crown Credit Union, honors Dawna Church, The Glass Slipper
- Rising Star Award, presented by Advanced Vision Center, honors Katarina Perez, RCB Bank and formerly with Visit Claremore
- Leading Lady of the Year, presented by Northeast Tech, honors Debbie Butler, Licensed Counselor and Community Volunteer
Recognizing Claremore women – and raising awareness about ovarian cancer – will be the focus of the upcoming Leading Ladies Gala. Our featured speaker is Former First Lady Cathy Keating and we will have a special presentation from Tarah Warren, the founder of the non-profit Tenaciously Teal.
Cocktail hour begins at 5:30 p.m. Doors to the banquet hall open at 6:00 p.m., and the presentation and dinner will begin at 6:30 p.m. “We will have a short live auction, dinner and lots of Ladies Loot giveaways,” said Myers. Tickets are $25 and are on sale at the Chamber of Commerce office, 419 W. Will Rogers Blvd., or online at claremore.org. Corporate tables of eight are available for $500.
For the second year, the Leading Ladies Gala will hold a live auction. This year’s auction is called “Teal Heels and Feels Auction.” “Teal is the color that represents ovarian cancer so our bra and shoe decorating contest reflects this initiative,” said Myers. “Once again, local businesses and individuals can decorate bras to be auctioned off during the event and last year they were amazing!” All of the proceeds of the auction will go to the non-profit, Tenaciously Teal, which is dedicated to meeting the needs of cancer patients through care packages gas and meal cards and throwing private brave-shave parties. Decorated bras and/or high heels should be turned into the Claremore Chamber of Commerce office by 5 p.m. on Monday, September 23.
Hillcrest Hospital is the Presenting Sponsor of the event. TTCU Federal Credit Union is the Entertainment Sponsor, and RCB Bank, Speedy Lube, Sarah Nail Real Estate – KW Premier, The District on Main, and Stonebrook Day Spa are the Ladies Loot Sponsors.
For additional information about the Gala, please call the Claremore Chamber at (918) 341-2818.